On my previous post, I had started to add some color to the blue and white under-painting on "Just Hanging Around". Now, I get to continue the fun deciding what colors I should use.
Before adding the color, I sprayed the piece with workable fixative to keep all that blue from smudging. I decided the little girl should have red and white checks on her overalls. I also started working on the plants surrounding the kids.
I've got a bit more done here. Boys now have blue jeans and the boy on the left is getting a red, blue and yellow plaid shirt. Hmmm...I seem to have a theme here with the colors. Guess I like primary colors. I've continued working on the plants and started to darken the area under the porch.
Pretty much done here. I've added more color all around and darkened the area under the porch. I've also added grass to connect the plants. After all, if any of the kids fall off the porch, they need a soft place to land.
TaDa! Here it is all framed and ready for its appearance at the show. This is a piece I had been wanting to do for a while now so I am so glad to complete it.
Now, off to the next project!